You didn’t think that this would ever be a health topic but it IS! As many already have found out, your health insurance is not on your side when it comes to paying for care that you need.
You also know that your typical doctors office or hospital will NOT go to bat for you when your health insurance says they don’t owe and you become responsible for the bill. This is outright theft! You pay for health insurance benefits and you should be protected from having to pay for standard, ethical health care.
This is considered insurance fraud! But YOU become responsible to track down the insurance company, make dozens of phone calls, wait on-line for hours, write letters and become frustrated to the point where you just pay the bill…The insurance company WINS!
At Expert Health & Rehabilitation, we not only provide the state of the art diagnostic care of health conditions many miss or just don’t look for, we also fight for your health benefit rights. This does not cost extra! We know how the insurance companies try to weasel out of paying.
In fact, the new healthcare law, is designed to protect you from health insurance company fraud. We have studied the new law and know how to expose and force the proper reimbursement so you don’t pay for care your health insurance is supposed to pay.
Here are the tips:
- Assignment of benefits. This is critical and requires an expert. We will guide you.
- Find out who your plan administrator is. We will guide you.
- Find out who the other fiduciaries are such as a TPA. This is extremely important and we will guide you.
- Get a copy of your Specific Plan Description. This is the whole policy including ALL exclusions as well as EXACTLY what your insurance pays. Be careful here as health insurance companies routinely give only partial SPDs. We will review and make sure you have the complete document.
- Work with the Department of Labor, State Insurance Commission and your health insurance so you don’t have to.
Most doctors and hospitals will not take the time to fight for your rights. Trust me, its time-consuming but necessary!
The new healthcare law is there to protect you not only from insurance fraud but also to protect you health so that you get the proper medically prescribed treatment.
Dr Bob Hollett, BSN, RN, BS in human biology, DC