After decades of research, cancer has continued to menace women. What we’ve seen is that rates of female cancers have been increasing. Authorities explain this phenomena by stating that women are now performing a lot of behaviors that were traditionally that of males.
- Rates of smoking in females
- Women working in occupations that expose them to dangerous chemicals
- Women are having more stress due to their more primary role as a bread-winner
- Rates of alcohol consumption increasing in females
Do you believe this? Sure is sounds reasonable. I mean it sounds like when females start to be more like males, they get cancer at higher rates…right? Bull!
Cancers that occur primarily in females are directly attributed to hormones and the endocrine system. That’s right! It’s not a female thing but a hormone thing.
In fact rates of cancers in females are rising proportionally faster than in males. Especially with cancers that involves sex organs such as cervical, breast, ovarian, uterine and those in the pelvic region. WHY? We will explain this later in the article.
It is said that cancer deaths are declining. I agree! The efforts of the most expensive health care in the world is having about a 2 to 8 percent reduction of cancer deaths in females. Yet, prevention is largely ignored.
So back to why rates of cancer in females especially of reproductive organs are greater than in males. In a nut shell: HORMONES.
Hormones direct cellular reproduction, cellular function, DNA replication, DNA repair. Without hormones, cancer would not be formed! Period.
So what about Genes and DNA. Cells and your immune system routinely repair bad DNA. This occurs all the time. However, changes to DNA also occur all the time due to:
- Poor diet
- Autoimmune conditions
Anyone or combination of the above will have a negative effect on your body which may promote DNA changes. In fact, these factors can cause DNA changes that are manifested in your offspring which may make them more vulnerable to these factors. This is important to understand! Prevention starts now so that rates of cancer can be stopped in the future!
So now what? Begin to understand prevention and never, NEVER underestimate the power of prevention. Start today!
- Eat a good diet. This is very difficult to get expert direction on this topic. Call our office.
- Limit your exposure to chemicals. Again, there is a lot of misunderstanding here. Call our office.
- Be aware of infections especially from molds. You can’t and I repeat, you cannot reduce the influence of infections have on cancer rates with antibiotics. Over use of antibiotics are a contributing factor. We have expert protocols for eliminating infections and improve your immune response to possible infections.
- Genetics play a role in that if your genetically related family has an incidence of cancer, take note and make it your life mission to PREVENT cancer. Call our office for more information.
- Reducing oxidative destruction is a good thing but one thing must be kept in mind. Too much antioxidant use is a factor in promoting cancer. If you don’t understand this, call our office.
- Medications have a huge effect on rates of cancer, unfortunately this means increasing rates of cancer. Sure there are drugs that help reduce death rates from cancer but they are not given unless one has cancer. In fact, hormone replacement in females has come to a halt, much to the chagrin of prescribing doctors, due to the over whelming evidence that these drugs DIRECTLY cause cancer in females. Hormones out of balance should be treated. Women should not have to suffer. Because hormones out of balance is also a contributor to cancer. However, using drugs/chemicals are not the way!
- Aggressively find the reason of your autoimmune disease. The use of steroids is a promoter of cancer. Look to gut integrity and repair as your best first step to stopping autoimmune diseases. Call our office for options for stopping autoimmune disease progression.
Remember you are not alone, that the only way to deal with cancer is to wait until the disease becomes established, you don’t have to go to the vitamin salesman for advice and you don’t have to look to a crystal ball for help.
Real lab testing and diagnostics from an Expert with over 20 years of experience is just a call away.
Dr Bob Hollett, BSN, RN, BS in human biology, DC